This article series explains how to use Hive Insights and goes through the user interface and navigation in detail.
What is Hive Insights?
Hive Insights is Hive Streaming’s interactive analytics application, offering video-on-demand and live event statistics from multiple perspectives: viewer experience, event quality & network impact.
The Insights interface is divided into sections to cater to the needs of various teams responsible for aspects of a video event – including:
- Network management teams responsible for the performance and stability of the internal corporate network, WAN and internet ingress – including firewalls, proxies, routing, switching & security – typically an IT function
- Application management teams responsible for unified communications applications – including video streaming – typically an IT function
- Corporate communications, marketing or other business stakeholders – typically responsible for measuring the reach and effectiveness of a video event
- Video production teams responsible for lights, camera, audio & stream encoding
- Aggregated event metrics – viewer participation, quality of experience, viewing time, streaming performance, network impact & more
- Useful lists – Locations & viewers by size, quality of experience & more
- Extensive text and map-based filtering capabilities to drill-down into event statistics by geographic location, customer site and individual viewer experience
- Unique network visualizations illustrating the impact of streaming video on the network
With Insights, streaming video event stakeholders can quickly:
- Obtain event fundamentals – overall viewer quality of experience, total viewers, average viewing time, etc.
- Classify top sites by viewer participation or quality of experience
- Understand the impact of video streaming on the network holistically and by location
- Label geographical distributions of viewers by participation and quality of experience
- Understand each viewer’s quality of experience, platform, browser, connection type & more
- Quickly find viewer sessions by hostname, private IP or Hive’s unique identifier
- Identify network conditions that may have contributed to stream buffering
- Diagnose larger network problems through unique network visualizations